You’re invited to attend a FREE training on Suicide Risk Screening in Schools hosted by the Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission (MHSOAC).
About the Training:
Training on suicide risk screening for students in the school setting is vital to comprehensive suicide prevention. California Education Code 215 mandates that all Local Education Agencies have protocols in place to intervene with youth at risk. This training provides a FREE opportunity for school staff to learning about best practices in school-based screening for suicide risk, how to respond effectively to keep youth and students safe. The training also incorporates content on Suicide Safety Planning Intervention (SPI), data and tracking related to suicide risk screening, and cultural considerations. Attendees will receive materials necessary for implementation.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who are responsible for conducting student suicide risk screenings in TK-12 school settings are invited to participate in these trainings. You do not have to be a mental health professional to attend.
How to Register (select/click on link below date to register):
• Thursday, September 7, 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
• Tuesday, September 26, 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
• Friday, October 6th, 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, October 18, 9:00 a.m. to 11: 30 a.m.
• Thursday, November 16, 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
• Tuesday, November 28, 9:00 a.m. to 11: 30 a.m.
• Friday, December 1, 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, December 6, 9:00 a.m. to 11: 30 a.m.
For questions: Please contact Stan Collins (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information visit: https://mhsoac.ca.gov/initiatives/suicide-prevention/school-suicide-risk-screening/